About The Service. The AskForTask service allows users who need help getting tasks done ("Askers") to connect through the Website or AskForTask App with other users ("Taskers") who wish to complete the tasks (the "Service"). In order to access the Service and start posting tasks and accepting to complete posted tasks, you must be a registered user. Registered users’ information will be available as a public, searchable profile on the Website and via the AskForTask App. You can use the Service from a computer or a mobile device if you have downloaded the AskForTask App. Askers and Taskers are collectively referred to as "Users". For greater certainty, you can register as a User on behalf of a corporate entity, however you acknowledge and agree that AskForTask reserves the right to verify the corporation’s existence. You acknowledge that AskForTask does not hire or employ Taskers to complete tasks via the Service. Rather, AskForTask simply provides a platform that connects Askers and Taskers. Accordingly, it is up to the Asker to complete any background checks and to verify that any Tasker they wish to retain meets their requirements and qualifications. We do not endorse, validate or verify the qualifications, skills or licenses of any Taskers nor will we be responsible for the performance, actions or inactions of any Taskers.
- How the Service Works
Posting a Task. If you post a task on the Service, you will be asked to provide certain information pertaining to the task as well as your credit/debit card information.
Approval of a Task..Once a task is posted, our algorithm checks that all required information has been submitted by the Tasker. If any fields are incomplete, one of our Customer Relations representatives will call the Tasker to obtain any additional information required. The algorithm will pre-authorize the Asker’s credit/debit card for the full amount payable for the task. We have the right in our sole discretion to refuse to post or to remove any task from the Service for any reason. Once a task is approved, we will hold the full amount of the funds payable for such task in escrow pending completion of the task.
Assigning of a Task.Tasks are assigned using our algorithm, which searches through our database of active Taskers and assigns tasks to Taskers based on criteria including the Tasker’s skill set, location and rating. Once a task is assigned to a Tasker, the Tasker will receive a message to call the Asker to confirm the time and place for the task. The Asker will also receive a text message and/or email and/or app alerts from us detailing the first name and last initial of the Tasker as well as their rating, and letting them know to expect a call from the Tasker. The Tasker and/or Asker may call our toll free number at +1-844-275-8275 if there are any issues.
Cancelling\rescheduling a Task.If a task has been assigned to a Tasker and the Asker cancels the task, then we will charge the Asker a 50% cancellation fee or $50, whichever is lower. If the task is rescheduled, then we will charge a flat fee of $10 for every change.
Tasker Non-Attendance.If a Tasker fails to show up to perform a task assigned to him/her, AskForTask has the right to suspend the Tasker and charge a $10 flat fee from the Tasker's earnings. AskForTask’s decision will be final.
Completion and Billing of a Task.When a task has been completed, the Asker will follow the task completion link we have forwarded by text or email message. The Asker will complete the invoice and sign off that the task has been completed. Once this is done, we will send a text message and/or email and/or app alert to both the Asker and the Tasker confirming the completion of the task. The Tasker will receive payment directly in the connected bank account, minus the administrative fee of 15% and a payment processing fee charged by AskForTask for providing the platform. The Asker will be charged a payment processing fee as well. Note that the payment processing fee is typically 2.9% plus 30 cents of the total transaction but could change, as it is determined by our payment processing partners.
Task Completion Disputes.Askers have 24hours from completion of the task to file a dispute. Disputes maybe filed by calling or emailing us and providing us with evidence such as photographs and narration. AskForTask will take 3 weeks to review and provide a response to any complaints. Any decision by AskForTask will be deemed final.
- Prohibited Activities
Prohibited Acts. Users are not permitted to exchange contact information (including phone numbers, emails and full names) or post contact information on the Service prior to a task being assigned.
Prohibited Services. The following is a non-exhaustive list of the type of services that are prohibited from being requested, offered, negotiated or completed in relation to the Service by Users:
- any service that would violate the law and/or legal rights of any person or entity in the jurisdiction of the Asker or the Tasker or in any other applicable jurisdiction;
- any service that encourages or facilitates illegal activity;
- pornographic or obscene services including sexual and escort services, offers and solicitations of prostitution, and pornography;
- any services or contracts that the Asker has no legal right to request or that the Tasker has no legal right to perform;
- lottery, raffles, sweepstakes entries
- affiliate marketing, multilevel marketing or pyramid schemes; and
- services related to spam, or unsolicited services or products, or false, misleading or fraudulent services.
- Fees and Payment Terms
Task Fees.Askers will select a pre-set per hourly rate for completion of each task they post. By accepting to complete a task, the Tasker agrees that the amount payable for completion of such task shall be the rate selected by the Asker less a 15% administrative fee charged by AskforTask and less the electronic fund transfer fee charged by the payment processor. Payments are done only using credit, debit cards or Paypal on the website or app.("Payable Task Fee").
Taxes & ChargeBacks.Each Tasker is responsible for determining local indirect taxes, including but not limited to, goods and services tax or harmonized sales tax, and for including any applicable taxes to be collected or obligations related to applicable taxes in the Task Fees. Each Tasker is also responsible for any income tax, goods and services tax, harmonized sales tax or other tax reporting obligations with respect to the Task Fees. Users are responsible for any applicable tax on a Task, not AskForTask. In the event of any chargebacks, the Tasker will be liable for the same, meaning that if an Asker initiates a chargeback on Paypal, a credit card or other payment method, AskForTask will charge the Tasker for the applicable transaction, the complete amount of the chargeback. Since AskForTask offers competitive prices, the bookings are final, meaning NO refunds and charge backs
AskforTask FeesBrowsing the Website, downloading the AskforTask App and setting up an account are all free of charge. There is also no fee for Askers to post an AskforTask request or for Taskers to respond to a request. All tasks are dealt as credit tasks, ie the amount is pre-approved at the time of posting of the task. Taskers are paid weekly, and they must connect their bank accounts with their AskForTask profiles so seamless transfer of payments is done. Once the Payable Task Fee is agreed and the AskforTask request is confirmed, the Asker will be charged an amount equal to 15% of the Payable Task Fee by AskForTask regardless of whether or not the task is completed (“Service Fee”). Taskers are not allowed to take cash from Askers against the tasks. AskForTask has the right to withhold payments from Taskers if there are any complaints or disputes. AskForTask’s decision will be deemed as final and cannot be challenged. Taskers are NOT allowed to contact Askers directly in the event of a dispute as AskForTask will mediate such disputes.
Changes to AskforTask Fees.AskForTask reserves the right to change the Service Fee or implement charges for other features of the Service as indicated to Users from time to time. Any revised fees will take effect 7 days from the date of posting on the Website or notification to your account.
- Content.All information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages or other materials, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted to the Services by Users whether in forums or otherwise ("User Content), is the sole responsibility of such Users. This means that the viewer or user, and not AskForTask, are entirely responsible for all such material uploaded, posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available by using the Service. AskForTask does not control or actively monitor User Content and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such content. Users acknowledge that by using the Service, they may be exposed to materials that are offensive, indecent or objectionable. Under no circumstances will AskForTask be liable in any way for any materials, including, but not limited to, for any errors or omissions in any materials or any defects or errors in any printing or manufacturing, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the viewing or use of any materials posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via the Service or for any loss or damage arising from a third party security breach or cyber attack on AskforTask servers or databases.
- copy any content unless expressly permitted to do so herein;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that:
- is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, pornographic, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially or ethnically objectionable, encourages criminal behavior, gives rise to civil liability, violates any law, or is otherwise objectionable;
- You do not have a right to make available under any law or under a contractual relationship;
- infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party (including privacy rights);
- contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment or data or the Website or that of any users or viewers of the Website or that compromises a user’s privacy; or
- contains any falsehoods or misrepresentations or create an impression that You know is incorrect, misleading, or deceptive, or any material that could damage or harm minors in any way;
- impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent their affiliation with a person or entity;
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any material transmitted to or through the Website or impersonate another person or organization;
- interfere with or disrupt the Website or servers or networks connected to the Website, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Website or probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any system or network or breach or circumvent any security or authentication measures;
- intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law or regulation;
- collect or store personal data about other users or viewers without their consent;
- license, sell, rent, lease, transfer, assign, distribute, host, or otherwise commercially exploit the Website or AskforTask App;
- modify, translate, make derivative works of, disassemble, decompile, reverse compile or reverse engineer any part of the AskforTask App or any software provided as part of the Website, except to the extent the foregoing restrictions are expressly prohibited by applicable law; or
You also agree not to access the Website in a manner that utilizes the resources of the Website more heavily than would be the case for an individual person using a conventional web browser. Notwithstanding the foregoing, operators of public search engines may use spiders or other bots for the purpose of creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials on this Website.
- License of Content. By submitting, posting or displaying User Content on or through the Service, you grant us (and our agents) a non-exclusive, royalty-free license (with the right to sublicense) to use, copy, modify, transmit, display and distribute such User Content . AskforTask will not be responsible or liable for any use of User Content in accordance with these Terms. You represent and warrant that you have all the rights, power and authority necessary to grant the rights granted herein to any User Content that you submit.
- Feedback: AskforTask. If You provide AskforTask with any suggestions, testimonials, comments or other feedback relating to any aspect of the Website, AskforTask App and/or Service ("Feedback"), AskforTask may use such Feedback in the Website, the AskforTask App or in any other AskforTask products or services (collectively, "AskforTask Offerings"). Accordingly, You agree that: (a) AskforTask is not subject to any confidentiality obligations in respect to the Feedback, (b) the Feedback is not confidential or proprietary information of You or any third party and You have all of the necessary rights to disclose the Feedback to AskforTask, (c) AskforTask (including all of its successors and assigns and any successors and assigns of any of the AskforTask Offerings) may freely use, reproduce, publicize, license, distribute, and otherwise commercialize Feedback in any AskforTask Offerings, and (d) You are not entitled to receive any compensation or re-imbursement of any kind from AskforTask or any of the other users of the Website in respect of the Feedback.
- Feedback: Taskers. Askers have the option to provide feedback on their experience with Taskers using our star rating system and/or written comments (“Tasker Feedback”). Tasker Feedback will be posted on Tasker profiles which may be viewable by other Users.
- Disputes and Complaints. Users may lodge complaints if they are dissatisfied with other Users. We will open a ticket for each dispute and reply to the User within 10 business days. We will notify You of any dispute pertaining to You and we will endeavor to help resolve any dispute within 14 days, however AskForTask is not responsible for refunding or reimbursing any User for fees paid to another party or for the Service Fee. If AskForTask considers a complaint valid and such complaint relates to non-attendance, abusive or unprofessional conduct by You, AskForTask reserves the right to terminate or suspend Your access to the Service, hold back your payments, and to exercise any other rights and remedies that AskForTask may have. Although we make attempts to solve disputes amicably, we make no guarantees that we will be able to solve any disputes between Users.
- Advertising. You acknowledge and agree that the Website may contain advertisements. If You elect to have any business dealings with anyone whose products or services may be advertised on the Website, You acknowledge and agree that such dealings are solely between You and such advertiser and You further acknowledge and agree that AskforTask shall not have any responsibility or liability for any losses or damages that You may incur as a result of any such dealings.
- Links & Third-Party Websites. This Website (including User Content) may contain links to other websites that are not owned or controlled by AskForTask or endorsed by AskForTask. Any third-party websites or services accessed from the Service are subject to the terms and conditions of those websites and or services and You are responsible for determining those terms and conditions and complying with them.
- DISCLAIMER OF REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS.THE WEBSITE, SERVICE, ASKFORTASK APP AND ALL MATERIALS PROVIDED THEREIN ARE PROVIDED "AS IS." ASKFORTASK SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, EITHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY, BY USAGE OF TRADE, COURSE OF DEALING OR OTHERWISE INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, MERCHANTABLE QUALITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. ANY INFORMATION OR MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM, LOSS OF DATA, OR ANY OTHER LOSS THAT RESULTS FROM DOWNLOADING OR USING ANY SUCH MATERIAL. ASKFORTASK DOES NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, PROVIDE ANY CONDITIONS OR REPRESENTATIONS, OR ASSUME ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY ANY USER OR THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR IN RESPECT TO ANY WEBSITE THAT CAN BE REACHED FROM A LINK ON THE WEBSITE OR FEATURED IN ANY BANNER OR OTHER ADVERTISING ON THE WEBSITE, AND ASKFORTASK SHALL NOT BE A PARTY TO ANY TRANSACTION THAT YOU MAY ENTER INTO WITH ANY SUCH USER OR THIRD PARTY. ASKFORTASK WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY TYPE OF CONTENT EXCHANGED BY MEANS OF THE SERVICE.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL ASKFORTASK BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY OR OTHER DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM (I) YOUR USE OF OR YOUR INABILITY TO USE THIS WEBSITE, ASKFORTASK APP OR THE SERVICE, (II) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES, (III) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES IN THE MATERIALS ON THE WEBSITE, (IV) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE, ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR ANY OTHER FILES OR DATA THAT MAY BE HARMFUL TO COMPUTER OR COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT OR DATA THAT MAY HAVE BEEN TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR ASKFORTASK APP, OR (V) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY MATERIAL ON THE WEBSITE OR ANY OTHER LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE. THESE LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY EVEN IF ASKFORTASK HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, ASKFORTASK’S LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT (FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION), WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE GREATER OF (A) FIFTY U.S. DOLLARS ($50) OR (B) AMOUNTS YOU’VE PAID ASKFORTASK IN THE PRIOR 12 MONTHS (IF ANY). THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENSION PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION.
- Release. Because AskForTask does not supervise or control interactions between Askers and Taskers, and because AskForTask does not control credit card companies or other payment processing companies, and because AskForTask does not screen or monitor the completion of tasks, and because AskForTask cannot guarantee the true identity, age, or nationality of Askers and Taskers, and because AskForTask has very limited control, if any, over the quality, safety, morality, legality, truthfulness or accuracy of various aspects of the Website You agree that You bear all risk and you agree to release AskForTask (and their officers, directors, shareholders, agents, employees, affiliates, subsidiaries, and third party partners) (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, now and in the future, arising out of or in any way connected with Your use of the Website, Your third party transactions and in connection with AskForTask’s resolution of any disputes between Askers and Taskers. You further waive any and all rights and benefits otherwise conferred by any statutory or non-statutory law of any jurisdiction that would purport to limit the scope of a release or waiver. Askers and Taskers are solely responsible for verifying the identity of other Askers and Taskers that they engage with and should take necessary precautions to ensure their safety and security when engaging with them.
- Availability & Updates.AskForTask may alter, suspend, or discontinue this Website at any time and for any reason or no reason, without notice. The Website, Service and/or AskForTask App may be unavailable from time to time due to maintenance or malfunction of computer or network equipment or other reasons. AskForTask may periodically add or update the information and materials on this Website without notice.
- Security. Information sent or received over the Internet is generally unsecure and AskForTask cannot and does not make any representation or warranty concerning security of any communication to or from the Website or any representation or warranty regarding the interception by third parties of personal or other information. You are responsible for safeguarding the password that you use to access the Service and you are responsible for any activities or actions under your password. You agree to keep your password secure. AskForTask will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with these requirements.
If you have any questions about these Terms or if you wish to make any complaint or claim with respect to the AskForTask App or Service, please contact us at: info@AskforTask.com
Last Updated May 1, 2015